- JP Morgan Chase
- Columbus, OH, US
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. Youll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment youll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE youll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
Develop, test and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Mastery in Powershell is preferred with respect to designing, coding, testing , and software delivery or experience in other coding or scripting languages
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services
- Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
- Very strong in Windows Systems Administration in a large enterprise environment, with strong knowledge of Windows 2008 SP2, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2016 and Windows 2019
- Experience with Windows Clustering technology in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge and exposure to SCCM and SCOM agents on Windows servers is a plus
- Knowledge and exposure to Windows infrastructure software products such as Symantec Anti-Virus Products, Symantec CCS/ESM
- Knowledge or experience in Automation as a service and microservice
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef) is preferred
- Understanding of Windows Server Security policies and best practices
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, youll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. Youll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where youand the products you deliverwill thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one of the worlds biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If youre looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.