- European XFEL GmbH
- Schenefeld, DE
Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques. Early user operation started in September 2017.
In the context of the PaNOSC (Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud) project which is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement number 823852) we are looking for a
Web Software Developer supporting Data Science (f/m/d)
- design and development of new and existing web applications required for supporting European XFEL in the context of the PaNOSC project
- integration of new data reduction strategies into the existing operational services (catalogue, web services, data transfer)
- participation in testing, maintenance, documentation, and support of the products developed and later upgrades
- preparation of documentation related to the projects deliverables
- bachelor in information systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- ideally, you have minimum 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails or other web frameworks
- experience in management of large scientific datasets is an asset
- a strong background and knowledge of RESTful, CSS, and MySQL
- good knowledge of Linux
- very good communication skills in English
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical, and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition, European XFEL provides a noncontributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, a subsidized job-ticket for the local public transportation system, as well as our brand-new company restaurant BeamStop. The European XFEL GmbH employs a diverse, broadly international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number: E-247
Duration: This appointment is limited to 3 years.