- JP Morgan Chase
- Houston, TX, US
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, youll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. Youll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where youand the products you deliverwill thrive.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. Youll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environmentone that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Full stack web development experience with at least one programming language, preferably Python, and web/Java script. Related Java experience is a plus.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
- Understanding cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Work within an Agile team to design, build and implement high quality, robust web-based solutions that meet business and customer expectations, support our infrastructure management services.
- Strong understanding of the web services industry, highly scalable web servers and caching servers. Experience developing RESTful APIs or SOAP web services and knowledge of web development framework such as Flask or Django.
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
- Familiar with test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one of the worlds biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If youre looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.