- London, GB
- Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
- £ 70,000 - 90,000
Senior Python Developer
FeedStock is a fintech start-up operating out of offices in Covent Garden. We are a team of bold, ambitious developers, creatives and financial services professionals who are joined by a single vision - to revolutionise enterprise productivity by leveraging AI for our daily tasks.
By structuring unstructured communications and activity data we deliver insights to meet multiple business objectives. Be this for Next Best Actions analytics for clients, or reporting requirements for management teams, it is a completely automated and data-driven approach.
We deliver solutions for a cross industry-wide problem created by relying on people to manually input data into incomplete systems, such as CRMs. Bad data in, bad data out. With FeedStock we don’t have a single manual input, leveraging AI to deliver the outcome, faster, better and without disruption. This is the only way to break a decades-old problem.
We are a small and senior team who operate on a flat management structure – everyone is encouraged to contribute to product design, strategy and of course, development solutions.
Working at FeedStock is fast-paced, dynamic and never dull. If you enjoy having a high level of accountability and taking full ownership of your own tasks, as well as working in a collegiate, supporting environment, please get in touch!
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a talented and passionate Python backend developer. You will need to be interested in all things technology and have advanced python coding skills and experience with Linux.
You will have a strong understanding of software engineering, have strong programming skills and an understanding of automated testing including unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
You will report directly to the Head of Development, though we hope for you to retain relative autonomy regarding how to deliver to deadlines in line with the product and technology roadmaps.
We are looking for someone who has a team mentality and enjoys contributing in an enthusiastic way to the broader discussion about product strategy, to service delivery planning and to mentoring junior developers.
What you will be doing:
- Write clear, efficient, tested code
- Working with the team to ensure system reliability, performance and uptime
- Taking ownership of the technical architecture and solutions design
- Maintain and develop ETL data pipelines to ensure usability and accuracy across the entire data infrastructure
- Integrations into large enterprise IT systems
- Troubleshoot system issues
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal DevOps tools
- Build RESTful APIs
- Learn and use the latest technologies as part of a talented, motivated team
- Work with the data science team to deliver and optimise AI models
- FeedStock is an ISO27001 Certified company. All employees are required to complete Information Security training and uphold FeedStock’s Information Security Management System.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional Python coding skills
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Enthusiasm and good collaboration
- Pro-active and self-motivated
Nice to haves:
- Linux: Ubuntu Server, RedHat, Docker, system, or similar
- Experience with public cloud systems, preferably AWS
- Understanding of Kubernetes
- Interest in new technologies demonstrated through conference attendance and contribution to open source
What you get:
The chance to experience an exciting startup as it begins to scale
- Pioneering work with leading-edge AI technology
- Join a passionate, dynamic and fun team that is quickly expanding in London
- Time to contribute to open-source projects
- One day working from home per week
- Private Health Insurance
- Childcare benefits
- 25 annual days’ holiday
- Training and development budget and 3 additional days per year to attend conferences/ training opportunities
- Competitive salary and bonus