- London, GB
- Remote & On-site
- star_border 25 days holiday + family leave + long service sabbaticals
- star_border Private Medical Insurance for you & family + eye care + assistance
- star_border Subsidised gym membership local to the office or to your home
- star_border Flexible working schedule & work from home Wednesdays
- star_border Competitive salary, pension, season travel ticket loan, share plan
- star_border Breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit, good coffee & lots of tea
- star_border Dress code - whatever you're comfortable in :)
- star_border MacBooks, iPhones, monitors and any other tech you need
- star_border Pet Projects innovation competition, Patent support & expertise
- star_border Study assistance, social & charity events, volunteering, in-house Uni
Welcome to Mimecast, we are a highly accredited and multi award winning global cyber resilience SaaS vendor on a mission to stop bad things happening to good organisations.
We provide cyber security that helps thousands of organizations worldwide make email safer, restore trust and bolster cyber resilience. Mimecast helps organizations stand strong in the face of cyberattacks, human error and technical failure.
Our Information Security Vision is to make Mimecast the safest and most trusted cybersecurity platform, enabling businesses to protect their users and securely process and store their data
As an Information Security department, we’re responsible and accountable for the end-to-end security of the Mimecast SaaS and Corporate environments ensuring that our, people, processes, technology platforms and customers are protected from security attacks. We secure Mimecast by identifying, protecting from, detecting, responding to and recovering from security incidents through the implementation of programs to strengthen our security posture, specifically by carrying out cyclical identification of current and future cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities and then implementing suitable security processes and controls to protect the assets and interests of our customers, partners, staff and Mimecast as a business.
The Security Development team are talented bunch of highly motivated engineers who support the vision and mission of the information security department by the development of automation and data integration tools that help us to bring together data across disparate systems to accelerate agile decision support and the development of distraction-free dashboards to accelerate drilling down to salient security events and metrics in the environment.
We’re looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join our expert team of security technologist, software subject matter experts and devops evangelists. The position will afford the successful individual with the amazing opportunity to build brand new tools, capable of delving into the multiple sources of data at our disposal, such as our data-storage platform, our bespoke security monitoring system and various 'Big Data' databases to present this information to the user.
- Take the charge software projects to build Automation tool, data dashboards, reporting systems, data collection and audit monitoring tools.
- In this role you will provide end-to-end SDLC contribution, build state of the art applications with emphasis on UI design, complexity and distributed environments with multiple data sources.
- You will to craft dynamic software solutions in a rapid delivery, CI / CD, Agile development environment.
- Provide continuous integration and delivery with peer code reviewing and driving improvements to the Software Engineering Environment.
- You will be tackling complexity with simplicity and build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude from a standing start (greenfield).
- Proven backend development skills preferably Python (or other prototyping/scripting/development languages - Ruby, Go, Java, C++, Scala but not limited to).
- Familiarity with MVC web frameworks and data driven applications.
- Confident working knowledge of frameworks such as Angular, Vue.JS, NodeJS, React, Bootstrap
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
- Good grasp of SQL or NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, RethinkDB etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of RESTful web services
- Strong object-oriented thinking and knowledge of OO design patterns
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues, client-side performance.
- Additional skills, experience, exposure: UI, Backbone, Socket IO, JSON, XML, XSLT, XPath, Agile/XP.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including Employee Shares Purchase Plan (ESPP), season ticket travel loan, pension, private medical insurance for you & family including eye care, employee assistance program, life cover and a gym subsidization. 25 days annual leave + family leave and long service sabbaticals.
Office features: in our hyper modern and vibrant office space we provide breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit, soft drinks, good coffee & good tea all day long. Dress code is whatever you're comfortable in. MacBooks (specific to dept) or ThinkPads, iPhones, multi-screen setups and any other tech you need. Pet Projects innovation competition, Patent support & expertise, study assistance, social & charity events, volunteering time off and an in-house Uni.
Check us out here too….
- StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/mimecast
- Recent Post show casing our new office: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alexd1_bestworkplaces-activity-6597460898426699776-6inj/
- Software Engineering blog: https://medium.com/mimecast-engineering
- Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast