- Salt Lake City, UT, US
- star_border 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting) + stock option grant
- star_border Coverage of insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- star_border Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- star_border Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- star_border 100,000 sq ft HQ with climbing wall, showers, lockers, bike parking
- star_border Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- star_border Paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from HQ
- star_border Flexible hours
- star_border Flexible and generous vacation/sick leave
- star_border Commuter benefits and vehicle parking to ease your commute
At Recursion, our mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives! We do this by looking for new treatments for hundreds of diseases, many of which have no treatment options.
Our biological dataset is one of the largest and most consistent in existence - tens of billions of images of cells under different biological and chemical perturbations, generated in our own automated wet labs. We collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the deep learning community to guide our work forward on exceptionally challenging problems in computational drug discovery.
Thanks to our robust engineering infrastructure and data science hand in designing experiments, you’ll get to spend less time data munging and more time science-ing.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
Biology is HARD. At Recursion you will help us decode it. You will need to think on a systems level to create a machine that collects the information we need. While you must be comfortable using clever and novel algorithms on our data, the job isn't done until your model is in production and influencing decisions by our biologists, chemists and other stakeholders.We are looking for someone who can take ownership of entire projects and build them out with a long-term vision.
Part of what sets Recursion apart is the integration of our teams. When designing experiments, you will work directly with the automation scientists and biologists to discuss biological constraints and trade offs. As part of creating analysis pipelines, you will need to work with our engineering team to integrate into our systems and ensure you aren’t creating siloed data or incurring technical debt.
You do not need to know everything right off, but you must be proactive about learning what information stakeholders need in the difficult task of bringing drugs into the clinic.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED:
- High fluency (equivalent skills of 7+ years of experience; industry experience strongly preferred) with machine learning approaches and experience with high-dimensional numerical datasets.
- Experience working with production repositories and developing deployable data-science products is strongly preferred.
- High fluency with the Python data stack (pandas, sklearn, etc).
- The ability to structure unstructured problems, even those without a clearly defined measure of success, to derive conclusions and make decisions amidst great uncertainty.
- Experience developing computational analysis for imaging-based biological datasets or bioinformatics for sequencing-based datasets is preferred.
- Working experience in project leadership & mentorship
- Intellectual curiosity and the professional skill-set to excel in an open, highly collaborative environment.
- A track record of outstanding past projects, publications, or presentations.
- Code you can share. Send a link along with your email (helpful, not required).
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters
- Gleaming 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, 2x weekly onsite yoga classes, showers, lockers, and bike parking
- Bright Horizons Childcare Center coming Summer 2020 to our HQ!
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion here