- HRL Laboratories
- Malibu, CA, US
- Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
- star_border Flexible paid time off in addition to holidays and a year-end break
- star_border Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- star_border On-site 2500 square foot fitness center
- star_border Beautiful 72 acre campus with hiking trails
- star_border On-site dining center with ocean views
For more than 70 years, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art. We are looking for a senior software engineer to help us develop the future of quantum information technologies. Scientists and engineers at HRL use our quantum software development kit everyday to better operate, understand, and advance our devices.
As a senior data engineer you will be responsible for developing data models and pipelines to enable aggregation, organization, and analysis of a variety of scientific data sources.
- Design data models to describe quantum devices, hardware components, and physical measurements.
- Build data pipelines to work with a variety of sources such as quantum devices, environmental sensors, and software logs.
- Develop and extend databases to support new and existing data elements.
- 5+ years relevant software engineering experience.
- Proficiency with Python and SQL.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, or similar technologies.
- Experience integrating NoSQL alongside an RDBMS such as MS SQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with software engineering practices such as version control and continuous integration.
- Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and computer architectures.
- S. citizenship; active security clearance or ability to obtain one.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.