- Housekeep - 6th Fastest Growing Tech Company in Europe 2019
- London, GB
- Senior, Lead
- £ 70,000 - 85,000
THE HOUSEKEEP STORY
Housekeep was founded by Avin Rabheru, a venture capitalist-turned-entrepreneur. Customers use Housekeep to find, manage and pay their trusted, local cleaner in just a few clicks. Cleaners join Housekeep because they can build dense, local job routes, meaning higher earnings and less time travelling than when working independently. We care deeply about making our users’ lives better and technology is at the heart of delivering that.
We started five years ago, achieving product-market fit quickly and scaling fast. We’ve delivered 2,500,000+ hours of cleaning, received 200,000+ 5-star reviews and helped cleaners earn £23m+. We’re already UK market leader, three-times bigger than anyone else, but with just 1% market share - so there’s enormous room for growth. Our core market has very attractive dynamics - it’s a large, £4 billion market with recurring subscription revenues, but existing suppliers are highly fragmented and inefficient. We also have plans to expand to new cities, new services and commercial cleaning.
Housekeep is growing at 100% year-on-year and already profitable. We have tens of thousands of active customers and over a thousand cleaners working with us, and the numbers are growing every day. Our challenge now is to build a big, valuable business for the long-term. We’re recruiting bright, driven developers who want to join us on that mission.
Housekeep is humble, but we also like to share the successes we have been recognised for to date. We’re immensely proud of being awarded ‘6th Fastest Growing Company in Europe’ by the Financial Times in 2019, but we’re not planning on resting on our laurels - the only way is up.
Our stack is modern and powerful:
- Python on the server side, using Django as a web framework, and Django Rest Framework for our API
- PostgreSQL for our database, using some of its advanced geographic modelling capabilities.
- Metabase, Jupyter, Pandas, GeoPandas and SciPy for analysis
- Angular on the client side – we love Typescript
- Ionic for hybrid and progressive mobile apps
- Github, Heroku and Codeship for seamless code review, integration and deployment
- Docker and AWS for a standardised yet customisable development environment
We run an extensive suite of unit, integration and end-to-end tests on every deploy.
Just as our products are constantly improving, we also look for ways to improve our toolkit. There’s no framework or language we wouldn’t consider if the business would benefit from it – and we’d love your input to that.
Our Tech Culture
- Everyone should act like an owner
- Cleaners come first – their problems are our problems
- We use technology to solve business problems
- We promote openness and inclusivity
- Great ideas can come from anywhere
- We love a clever hack, but we’re building for the long term
We work closely together without focusing on a strict methodology. Instead, we take what we like from Scrum, Kanban, and other agile methodologies, adjusting as we go.
- Very few meetings, but the ones we have are highly valuable - sprint planning, retrospectives and design sessions
- Close relationships with the CEO and Product – they know that some of the best feature ideas come from our developers
- Flexibility and trust – usually we enjoy working together in the office, but we all sometimes take advantage of the option to work from home. We have moved to full remote working during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Regular 1-to-1s and team socials
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Understand complex business problems then propose and implement technical solutions
- Have input into the architecture, working closely with the Lead Technical Architect
- Work with other developers and the business to improve user experiences
- Bring your experience and enthusiasm to our engineering culture
- Promote excellence with technical mentoring, feedback, and design/code review
- Participate in planning sessions, retrospectives, stand-ups and demos
- Join us in curating a codebase to be proud of, driving for quality, maintainability and testability
- You have built great products for the web and/or mobile
- You have analysed business problems then scoped and built technical solutions to solve them
- You can quickly become productive using our front-end or back-end technologies, or both
- You’re excited about understanding the real problems working people come up against and fixing them with technology
- You can work well in small teams to deliver radical improvements
- You bring good vibes with you
- You will be proud to show how you’ve impacted other parts of a business and delivered results
- You will be pushing frameworks and languages for good business reasons
- £70-85,000 (some flexibility)
- Share options
- Choice of hardware, OS and IDE – you do you
- Generous 25 days’ holiday allowance
- Flexible hours (10-4pm core hours)
- Sponsored learning, including conference tickets and travel
- Posh Christmas and Summer parties
- Annual team offsite
- Tons of sponsored (but not too heavily organised) office fun
- Free cleans
- Casual dress code