- Raleigh, NC, US
Platform Engineer - Containers - Contract - Raleigh, NC - $50.00-$72.00/hr
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with LexisNexis to manage the recruitment of this position
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever been in the situation where you interview with a company and it takes a month before they make a decision? Well LexisNexis is hiring ASAP! If you have experience with Infrastructure as a code, working with Go Development, or a background with Python then they want to see you immediately. You'll also have the chance to build with Docker and image with Kubernetes on an AWS platform. Submit your resume now for consideration.
The Developer Engineering and Architecture Team (DEA) is a responsible for focusing on the next evolution of the Infrastructure Platform. Our primary responsibility is to design and promote main stream relevant processes that include but not limited to TDD, DevOps Elite, and Trunk Based Development as it applies to Infrastructure as Code. Additionally, we are establishing the Platform Engineer Container Strategy (PECS) which will power this evolution as a complete end to end container life cycle management process. We are both infrastructure and software engineers with a goal of providing the best engineering experience possible for our application teams. We are an integrity first team and we accept nothing less than a professional and collaborative mindset.
Skills & Requirements
* Demonstrated Experience in programming with either Python, Go
* Experience with an CI\CD tool or process such as Jenkins
* Experience working in infrastructure as code
* Experience with AWS Cloud services or similar providers
* Experience with a container technology in a. production level environment
* Ability to collaborate, listen, evaluate problems and communicate solutions
* Keep Calm under pressure and move forward with minimum supervision
We love to see:
* Production level Kubernetes Experience
* Jenkins Pipeline Development Experience
* Cloud Expertise dealing with AWS
* Understanding of Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
* Go Development experience in writing tooling for command line and automation
* Familiarity with Open source configuration and orchestration tools
* Deep understanding of a container life cycle management process
* Security first mind set and cloud implementation experience