- Oliver Wyman Digital
- New York, NY, US
- star_border Culture of flexible working, from home, office, or anywhere you like
- star_border Career progression while staying technical
- star_border Diversity of challenging work across multiple industries
- star_border Health & wellness benefits
- star_border International travel opportunities
- star_border Great pension, 401k matching
- star_border Equal opportunity employer
- star_border Share purchase scheme
- star_border Competitive salary
- star_border Training and continuous improvement
Oliver Wyman Studio is a set of design-thinking focused transformation offers, delivered through workshops, prototypes, and pilot projects. We work in multi-disciplinary teams to co-create solutions with clients.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
No two OW Digital projects are the same: you’ll be working with hugely varied and diverse teams to deliver unique and unprecedented products across industries. The Solutions Architect at Oliver Wyman Studio is crucial to defining, designing, and delivering solutions that achieve breakthrough impact for our clients – all enabled by best-in-class architecture and tech stack.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work alongside Oliver Wyman partners in Digital and other practice groups, engage directly with clients to understand their business challenges, and craft optimal solutions to be delivered by OW Digital specialists and consultants.
As a Solution Architect, you will own all technology and engineering responsibility for a cross functional team covering technology, data science, customer experience and design.
You will be a hands-on product builder who defines the tech stack, leads engineering teams, and can define architecture, design and roadmap, validate build feasibility, handle risk as well as key aspects of security, performance and scalability amongst other meaningful focus areas.
We’re also hoping you’ll be able to show us at least one of the following:
- Financial Services and/or Capital Markets experience
- Health and Life Sciences domain experience
- Consumer, retail, energy, or transportation domain experience
We believe in and practice servant leadership here, so your prime goal is to bring the best out of the other talented technologists on the team, not to do it all yourself.
What you’ll get to do:
- Design and architect innovative, modern digital experiences
- Build, support and mentor effective teams
- Write code alongside your development team
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies to solve genuine, real-world problems
- Champion good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
- Build strong relationships with product managers, designers, customer experience and human insights experts
- Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic, collaborative, transparent, environment where everyone's ideas and opinions are equally valued
- Cross-pollinate good practices and insights between projects and groups within the firm
What you’ll bring:
- For the Solution Architect role, we are looking for senior hands-on technologists with 10+ years of extensive software engineering experience.
- The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and has experience working with both technical and non-technical colleagues in a cross-functional environment.
- The ideal candidate has experience pitching and explaining technical architecture and strategy to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with scalable architectures whilst leading and inspiring software development teams
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Real passion for solving customer friction through simple and effective software
- Comfort with development and deployment challenges in a variety of contexts
- Strong people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc.
- Experience in communicating technical vision to a variety of team members
- Experience building cloud native software architectures
- Ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning
- Experience with small teams that move fast
What tech you need to know:
- Strong experience working with SQL and No-SQL databases
- Experience designing and deploying applications on cloud infrastructure with providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes and with microservices
- Practiced experience refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, system and application design, application security
- Ideally also some familiarity with CX and HTML5/CSS3
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to play a key role in the design, development and commercialization of software and hardware products aimed at disrupting B2B and B2C markets across a wide range of business domains.
- The opportunity to work within a deeply accomplished team with direct exposure to some of the world's most influential organizations.
- A structured career development program with both technical and leadership tracks.
- A competitive salary and benefits complimented with a flexible learning & development budget (including attending conferences) enabling you to choose the right path for your own development.
- A level of autonomy and self-management that you won’t typically find at other companies.
VALUES & CULTURE
Our team comprises all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds. We don’t care whether you’re loud or quiet, funny or serious. We do hope that you have:
- A genuine passion for technology.
- A clear commitment to creating brilliant products that will give our clients the edge.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
We’re serious about making OW Digital a rewarding, progressive, fun and balanced place to work.
- Rewarding work
Our reputation for high quality work allows us to collaborate with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects. Combined with our status as one of the Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For”, this gives you a mix of challenge, support, and recognition.
- Progressive employment
Flat organisational structures, resolute I&D values and a commitment to rewarding good work make for a progression path truly based on merit. Our comprehensive benefits include an impressive pension program.
- Enjoyable days
We want our team members to build a career here—and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other.
This also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work in your workdays.
- Balanced lives
Our work is demanding, and we want you to have the best work-life balance you can. If you want to make the most of travel opportunities with our global team, we’ll encourage it. If you’re a parent, we’ll work with you to accommodate your family life.