- Draper, UT, US
- Mid-Level, Senior
- star_border Unlimited PTO
- star_border Health Plan
- star_border Equity
- star_border Snacks and Drinks
- star_border Company Events and Activities
- star_border Startup Culture
- star_border High-Caliber Colleagues
Evernym is building the next generation of identity infrastructure for the world, enabling trusted peer interactions between individuals, organizations, and things. Having created and released Sovrin, the first open-source distributed ledger network dedicated to ‘independent’ identity, Evernym works with leading companies, institutions, and NGOs to create and deploy new, private-by-design solutions which give the individual true control and ownership of their personal data.
We are a growing, global (London, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Belgrade) company helmed by a team with a track record of execution. We are redressing the fundamental imbalance between security, privacy, and utility which pervades the modern world, and we are looking for talented, adventurous, entrepreneurial folks to join us.
As you might imagine, we need some serious software development mojo to pull this off. We are expanding our team and we are very specifically looking for the right developer who wants to be part of our startup and growth.
About the Role
We are looking for someone with serious networking, low-level, and backend, server-side development skills to work on our blockchain technology.
On this team you will primarily be engaged in the Sovrin and Hyperledger communities. Projects you could be involved in include Hyperledger Indy, Ursa, and Aries.
Dive into advanced distributed ledger work to make sure independent identities are properly handled and secured. Help us design and implement highly performant and scalable applications that will be used by millions.
Requirements & Considerations
- 3+ years of experience working on backend systems or system level software.
- A background in the following: Applied mathematics, cryptography, distributed systems, systems security, and/or a related analytical field.
- Real-world experience using TDD and unit testing.
- You’ll also need to be really good at writing code in Python and one or more other system languages (C, C++, Rust, Go).
- Strong Linux skills.
- Basic AWS experience or willingness to learn.
- English proficiency (oral and written).
Attributes that would make you stand out:
- Experience as an architect for a long-lived, customer-facing product.
- Experience architecting a mission-critical, web-scale, system that spans from the global data-store to deployment on web servers and mobile applications.
- A track record of contributing to an open source community.
- Previous experience working with technology standardization such as with the W3C or a major open source project.
- Previous experience working with blockchains.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related discipline.
- Everyone in the engineering department is a developer. Everyone is respected the same. Really
- No egos. No jerks. No politics either.
- Be hungry! We are looking for someone with a relentless hunger to find the best solutions to really difficult problems.
- We are serious when we talk about changing the world. It requires a sense of adventure and a desire to grow and stretch abilities. Be willing to drink from the firehose.
- Have a happy attitude working with remote colleagues in different timezones.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a regular, full-time position, based in either our Utah (Draper) or Belgrade office.
We pay competitive startup salaries, offer meaningful equity, support flexible working, and devote company time and resources to social good as well as commercial gain.