- McKinsey & Company
- Zürich, CH
- star_border Medical
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics or econometrics, economics, ops. research or any related field)
- Hands-on work experience in statistical or heavy numerical analyses
- Strong knowledge of statistical approaches, incl. advanced machine learning techniques (e.g., Support Vector Machines, Neural Nets, Deep Learning, Machine Learning) and/or optimization
- Fluent in two or more programming languages (e.g., R, Python, Julia, SQL, GMPL, or related), and knowledge of typical frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow)
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, esp. ability to describe analytic processes from start to finish in your area of expertise
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Fluency in German is required
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be based in Zurich and will be part of Digital and Analytics McKinsey. This group is fully dedicated to working with client teams on solving our client’s business problems with a strong quantitative nature. You will assist our clients on site through conducting state of the art hands-on quantitative analysis across the spectrum of marketing and sales, risk, operations, etc..
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting, analyzing and interpreting data in creative ways, and create valuable, transformative business strategies within an infinite number of clients and situations.
In this role you will apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions. You will review, support and advise on the day-to-day analytics requirements of clients’ key operational processes while continually improving the impact of these processes.
You will work directly on site with clients and client teams to conduct hands-on rigorous quantitative analysis as part of the overall problem solving approach. You will advise client teams on analytical options to address their specific needs, including discussing potential analytical approaches to problems, associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations, while working with the team to translate input from quantitative analyses into specific and actionable business recommendations.
You will support clientele development through analytical approaches and support McKinsey proprietary knowledge investments via rigorous quantitative analysis, including interpreting findings and results as well as develop, in collaboration with other consultants, innovative analytical approaches. As an analytics consultant, you will be part of an internal network of all analytics colleagues, including exciting training's, and will also support internal (firm and practice) information requests as well as help build the analytics community in your local office (e.g. recruiting).